vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


13 March 2022

woolly and cute

 

There is something about the musk ox that makes me smile. Must be those curvaceous horns. The one on the left is from 1954 and the bottom one is from 1988.
 
He is shaped a bit differently from this wood bison, seen below from 1981, but the name musk ox translates to ugly moose, or ugly bison in the Woods Cree language

But enough of these big woolly creatures

we need something small, that coincidentally also makes me smile

like this red squirrel. They are noisy critters but so much cuter than the grey squirrels

For Sunday Stamps - animals

oops, sorry everyone. I'm going to blame the time change on this not posting earlier

4 comments:

Joy said...

Bit discombobulating about the time change, thought I'd lost the plot, breaths sigh of relief, ours don't change until the end of the month. I'll just gaze at the fluffy tailed red squirrel to calm down now:)
My wildlife is here

M said...

Clocks change for me later in the month...

My post is here

Mail Adventures said...

I don't think they are ugly at all! The first stamp made me smile, too.

My little examples of wildlife, on this post.

violet s said...

so many in these parts keep hoping for an end to this clock changing nonsense.