vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


06 March 2022

modes of transport

I have been watching the latest 'Around the World in Eighty Days'

and the balloon trip is the most iconic of the modes of transportation that Phileas Fogg and company took even though it only happened in the movies

Also not actually taken was the Flying Scotsman, though they did travel by train a few times.

 

 

 

 

 

They also travel by sailing ship, and steamers

1999
1976
and, of course, elephant





for Sunday Stamps - transportation

7 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

You forgot the sleigh! :)
That book is a big favourite of mine.

My transportation stamps <a href="https://mailadventures.blogspot.com/2022/03/sunday-stamps-classic-cars.html>here</a>.

Mail Adventures said...

You forgot the sleigh! :)
That book is a big favourite of mine.

My transportation stamps here.

Joy said...

Nicely themed, I only watched the first two episodes, might have to go back and watch the rest now.
Love the Maxi Card but then I do like a seascape as you will see here

violet s said...

I gave up quickly on the first airing, as well. But somehow, this past week I founds it a nice escape, in a way.

violet s said...

so I did...
then again, not sure I have a sleigh

M said...

Gone a bit loco this time.. here

viridian said...

I like the sailing ship Maxi card. My contribution is here:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2022/03/sunday-stamps-transportation.html