vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


27 June 2015

100 rooms air conditioned

unsent, circa 1949?
Miami Colonial Hotel
Facing Beautiful Bayfront Park,
Miami 31, Florida

Centrally located - Modern - Fireproof - Steam Heat - Air Conditioned Coffee Shop and 
Cocktail Lounge - Public Space - Sun Bathing on Roof Garden - Open All Year - 200 Rooms 
(including 100 air conditioned)

Centralement localizado - Moderno - Edificado contra fuegos - Califacción - Aire acondicionado Comedor y Cotel Lounge - Espacio para el publico - Soleadores en el Roof Garden - Abierto todo el ano - 200 Quartos (incluyendo 100 aire acondicionado)

a Genuine Curteich Chicago "C.T. Art-Colortone" Post Card

a Hotel for Sepia Saturday

6 comments:

La Nightingail said...

With temps here hitting the 100+ mark (Tuolumne County, Calif. /central Sierra mountains) I'll take one of those air-conditioned rooms, thank you! I can't quite tell what the date of that postcard is? Looks like 1930s or early '40s, & air-conditioning was a new major selling point back then!

Postcardy said...

I am auditing a Spanish course this summer, and I enjoyed seeing the Spanish description.

Brett Payne said...

When I eventually visit Miami, I want to stay at the Colonial Hotel.

Kristin said...

I was happy to see the bilingual description too. Always happy to be able to practice my Spanish

Alex Daw said...

Hold me back! An airconditioned coffee shop. I'm there ;)

Wendy said...

I've noticed a lot of ads and news articles about hotels in that time period made a point of saying they were fireproof.