vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


05 September 2021

big work

New Zealand is Butterland according to an article I read on the beloved food. It seems this tiny country has a high consumption rate compared to other butter eating countries. It was a dietary staple by the mid twentieth century as this stamp from 1960 can attest (just look at the size!)

    

From an old growth forest tree (1967)             

 

to pulp and paper (1956)



For Sunday Stamps - work, industry


2 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I didn't know butter was so important in New Zealand. Yes, the size is impressive!
I feel always curious about how things are made, so I like these stamps.

My stamp (only one, today!) is here.

Joy said...

Wow I can feel my arteries furring up at the sight of that roll of butter, although I can never resist it.
My industry is here