vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


01 August 2021

finicky

I have missed you all! Apologies for last week.

My computer finally crashed and it took a little while getting a new one and even longer getting it up and running with transferred files.  It has been picked up today (Saturday) and I am still trying to figure it all out... the changes are at once small and great. some things have not been improved and I much prefer the old  version. but all those coders must keep on creating, I guess.

Also, I lost many of my photos in the process so have to start over with inputting my stamps and postcards.

I have chosen lacemaking as my theme this week, which is about as finicky a craft as I can think of. This example from 1976 shows the perfect posture of the artisan and the perfect mess of the bobbins she uses to create her masterpiece.

I also have this set from 1987
for Sunday Stamps - your choice


4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Sorry to hear about your broken computer. I hope the transition isn't too hard...

And thanks for being back with such fine stamps! I have chosen a less demanding hobby... see my stamps here.

Joy said...

Nightmare, glad you are back up and running. I wish you well in your tasks.
I bring you versions of the future here

viridian said...

I found a lace stamp too. My contribution:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2021/08/sunday-stamps-free-choice-lace.html

LiT Web Studio said...

Welcome back! Hope you're getting the hang of the new technology now!