vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


10 May 2020

mum

Being born in 1900, one can always be sure of one's age.
In these portraits the Queen Mum does manage to look stylish
This Madonna and Child, titled Our Lady of the Night, is a wood sculpture by Antonio Caruso who was inspired by the baby Jesus sleeping in his mother's arms. "Mary's tender embrace, as the child rests safely, reminds us how children feel protected by their mothers in the darkness of night."
Today is Mother's Day in Canada and the US which I understand was celebrated in Spain last Sunday.
For Ana in North Macedonia, it was March 8th. Maybe next year I will remember when Mothering Sunday is in time for a mother theme.

for Sunday Stamps - mothers, children

6 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

In Spain Mother's Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May.

I don't have any stamps with mothers (other than Christmas stamps), but some children here.

Bob Scotney said...

Interesting that you have gone with the Queen Mother, I went for her husband and children of the Queen.

FinnBadger said...

Great choices for today. My stamps are here: Mother and child

Joy said...

In the UK it is on the fourth Sunday of Lent so the date moves around depending on when Easter is.
Mother and child in both happy and sad times are here

viridian said...

My entry is here:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2020/05/sunday-stamps-mothers-and-children.html

Ana said...

For a brief moment I had this thought to post Queen Elizabeth :)))


I have some Fairy Tales for today

Happy Mother's Day!