vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


29 March 2020

architecture

No one is travelling by train these days. And you would be nine years too late to travel to this station anyway as it was decommissioned in 2011 when the railway line closed. It was built in 1932 in the traditional style of small railway stations seen in Britain and is now the only suburban station left in Singapore. The station and railway tracks are near the nature reserve and were conserved over concerns that the dismantling of the building and the tracks might damage the natural environment of the reserve.
This 2013 stamp was one of four issued commemorating heritage railway stations.

for Sunday Stamps - architecture

6 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

With blue skies behind it this would have been an idyllic scene.

Visit Austria with me https://bit.ly/2QWsg8a

Mail Adventures said...

Railway buildings have something special. I love to spend time in the stations when I travel by train.

I've chosen a different theme for today. You have my link here.

FinnBadger said...

Great stamp. There's something very attractive about rail stations.

I hope you're doing well during the pandemic.

My architecture stamp is here

Joy said...

Love an old railway station, nice its preserved.
My architectural stamps are here

viridian said...

Wish I could figure out how to make this a link. As it is, copy and paste to find my entry:
https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2020/03/sunday-stamps-architecture.html

violet s said...

<a href="https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com> my link</a
you would insert this when you highlight 'my link'
hope this helps
(took me awhile to learn this!)