David Livingstone was the first European to set eyes on these waterfalls of the Zambezi River which he named after Queen Victoria. Until the railroad was built in 1905, very few other Europeans visited the area. By 1955, it was possible to fly over the falls. Livingstone can be seen in the foreground being carried by his servants. During the wet season, the width of the falls can grow to almost 1 mile wide. It is divided into five separate falls: Devils Cataract, Main Falls, Horseshoe Falls, Rainbow Falls, and the Eastern Cataract.
for the letter W - waterfalls