This bronze lantern was unearthed in 1910 on the grounds of the Chiba Temple. An inscription on the top indicates it was cast in 1550. The hexagonal lantern has alternating patterns of bamboo and plum panels on the central cylinder with one panel serving as a door. Apart from this door, the whole lantern was cast of one piece. It stands 11 3/4" and can now be seen in the Tokyo National Museum.
for the colour green