I also have a wood sculpture to show and a not so happy story to share:
Last year I visited Lithuania and I went to the Curonian Spit. I had totally forgotten about this card, which I had received not long after I started my blog. One of the places I stopped at in the Spit to visit was the Hill of the Witches and I found myself looking at a sculpture at the end of a long tree trunk turned into a bench... It all came to my memory then: I had that sculpture on a postcard I had received through Postcrossing. I made a note of writing the sender again when I returned home, to tell him I had seen the card in the flesh. Sadly this would not come to be, for when I looked up his profile again, back at home, I learned through a note left by his daughters that he had passed away the year before ... :-(. It really made me sad to learn this.
I've been to Stanley Park, and have old photos of me with the totem poles. They are so interesting. I have been finding a lot of postcards from Stanley Park, and Vancouver in general. Of course, it is the closest Canada to the US PNW! Mine: https://thisandthatablog.blogspot.com/2026/10/thursday-postcard-hunt-sculptures-or.html
4 comments:
I also have a wood sculpture to show and a not so happy story to share:
Last year I visited Lithuania and I went to the Curonian Spit. I had totally forgotten about this card, which I had received not long after I started my blog.
One of the places I stopped at in the Spit to visit was the Hill of the Witches and I found myself looking at a sculpture at the end of a long tree trunk turned into a bench...
It all came to my memory then: I had that sculpture on a postcard I had received through Postcrossing. I made a note of writing the sender again when I returned home, to tell him I had seen the card in the flesh.
Sadly this would not come to be, for when I looked up his profile again, back at home, I learned through a note left by his daughters that he had passed away the year before ... :-(. It really made me sad to learn this.
That is a sad outcome, but how nice of you to think of making a connection with the postcrosser.
Fascinating and beautiful objects.
My sculptures are here
I've been to Stanley Park, and have old photos of me with the totem poles. They are so interesting. I have been finding a lot of postcards from Stanley Park, and Vancouver in general. Of course, it is the closest Canada to the US PNW!
Mine:
https://thisandthatablog.blogspot.com/2026/10/thursday-postcard-hunt-sculptures-or.html
Post a Comment