vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


06 August 2026

fast trains

 

a train belching some steam somewhere in Yorkshire

and another on the other side of the country.

The 'Cornishman' first ran in 1890 travelling from Paddington to Penzance in a little over 8 hours





Another train, travelling much faster and with less belch is the 'Bullet'




5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The bullet train is a mythical one. But I guess you enjoy the landscape more from the normal ones ;)

My old trains are here.

violet s said...

I agree - I think this, and the TGV, would be too fast for viewing the countryside.

Joy said...

Old trains with their large windows do encourage you to enjoy the journey.
My train trips are here

Lisa said...

Train travel isn't as common anymore, at least around here. Our passenger train station is 80 miles away, through a rather mountainous area where there may be snow in May. There is a Greyhound bus once a day from here to there though.
Mine:
https://thisandthatablog.blogspot.com/2026/08/thursday-postcard-hunt-travelling-trains.html

marina said...

Impressive train postcards. I like them all1