vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


22 September 2024

the colour of happiness

 

A presshouse - wine press house, or wine press - in the eastern state of Burgenland, Austria.  There seems to be a few presshouses offered as holiday villas.  As Burgenland is the least populous state, this holiday home might be the perfect quiet, peaceful place to get away from it all.  And drink a little wine.


In nearby Hungary, this hybrid tea rose is front and centre on this 1962 stamp
, one of six in a series.

6 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

That house seems just perfect to me, and even more after reading your description. The yellow roses could live in the garden, too :)
As well as my yellow creatures!

Joy said...

A trip to Austria sounds inviting especially to a pretty house like this one.

viridian said...

Lovely vacation idea! My contribution:
https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2024/09/sunday-stamps-yellow.html

marina said...

I have never heard of presshouses: I must investigate. The rose is gorgeous.

Lisa said...

Presshouses are new to me. Like Marina, I'll have to investigate!
My yellows:
https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2024/09/sunday-stamps-september-22-2024.html

Four-eyed-missy said...

Yellow is my favourite colour, so it's a pleasure to see it featured on stamps! I've never heard of presshouses, too, and they look absolutely charming. I love the idea of staying in one. The yellow Hungarian rose would be a lovely addition to any garden.

In the Company of Me