vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


08 September 2024

coral cay

 

Green Island is 8 miles, or 13 kms, off the coast of Cairns and maybe has a population of 20? (according to 2021 census). It was formed about 6,000 years ago by waves depositing sand, coral and other debris onto its coral foundation.

This would be one place I'd like to see, but the world on stamps is huge and I, for one, am excited for next week to see what sites are on your wish list.

an aerial view for Sunday Stamps

5 comments:

Joy said...

Looks idyllic.
My aerial views are here

Lisa said...

That looks like a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there!
Mine:
https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2024/09/sunday-stamps-september-8-2024.html

viridian said...

My Contribution:
https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2024/09/sunday-stamps-aerial-views.html

marina said...

yes, this would be a visit to paradise!

Mail Adventures said...

An island not easy to live on... But a paradise!

My aerial views.