vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


22 August 2024

puppies and horses

'Puppy', a massive floral sculpture by artist Jeff Koons, stands in front of the Bilbao Guggenheim.  A West Highland terrier, he is 40' tall and gets a makeover twice a year with fresh flowers.

The Kelpies in Falkirk, Scotland. Kelpies are mythological beasts and these ones were created by Andy Scott in 2013. Their names are Duke and Baron.  They are 100' tall and, yes, you can go inside.

some sculptures for Thursday Postcard Hunt

5 comments:

violet s said...

I have seen, and been inside, the kelpies when they first opened and was quite taken with them. Would love to see puppy (and the Guggenheim). I couldn't find out what year this card's photo was taken.

Joy said...

Yes the puppy would be quite a sight as indeed is the Guggenheim itself.
My sculptures by chance include a rather smaller Koons here

marina said...

woah!!!! both impressive sculptures!! I love both! :-)

Lisa said...

Those are both amazing, and both things I'd love to see in person.
Mine:
https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2024/08/thursday-postcard-hunt-sculptures.html

Mail Adventures said...

I'm afraid my comment has disappeared (?).