vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


04 July 2024

finding your way

I've never been to Taipei, but I love this metro map.  It shows the different trains, is colour coded, is in English, and has handy tips.  Plus which stations are near those all important night markets!

Manhattan was probably the easiest, most walkable, city I've traveled to, but this map would be handy to have for orienting yourself, especially for those bridges over the East River

two maps for helping find your way around an unfamiliar city for Thursday Postcard Hunt

5 comments:

Four-eyed-missy said...

Maps are my jam – I can spend hours getting lost (sometimes literally!) in all the details and figuring out the lay of the land. Taipei's metro map looks super user-friendly, especially with the night market info – that's brilliant! While I haven't been to either Taipei or Manhattan, I would happily accept a postcard featuring a souvenir map from either place – bonus points if they're illustrated, too - either way, they'd be fantastic additions to my collection! :)

Thursday Postcard Hunt: Geographical Twins

Joy said...

Super things to slip into your pocket in unfamiliar surroundings, all the information needed and later to be able to stash away as memorabilia.
My maps arehere

Lisa said...

That metro map looks very confusing to me! I'm not good at figuring out train and subway colored lines.

Here are my maps:

https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2024/07/thursday-postcard-hunt-maps.html

marina said...

I like metro map too: they are so neat and organized! 😆

Mail Adventures said...

Pictorial maps are the best for orientation. A metro/train map is always handy when you visit a city.

I've got at least three different maps from the same state!,