vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


16 June 2024

a talented man

 

Ugo Tognazzi was an Italian actor, director and screenwriter.  The entertainment industry was in the family blood as he fathered four children, two of whom are actors, and two of whom are film directors.

side note: among his many comedic roles during his 40 year career, he played Renato (the father) in La Cage aux Folles in 1978,  a favourite film of mine that is not shown often enough.  A musical version is part of the line up at the Stratford Theatre Festival this summer and I want to go.

10 comments:

In the Company of Me said...

While I may not be as familiar with European cinema, seeing Ugo Tognazzi featured on a stamp piques my interest! His talent clearly transcended generations, with four children following in his footsteps within the film industry. It makes you wonder what inspiring conversations must have taken place around their dinner table!

violet s said...

I agree. I think it is not so common that all the kids follow in their actor father's footsteps.

Joy said...

No I don't remember it being shown in recent times either. Such a funny film, you will have to hope for a 70s film season. Looked on Just Watch and they only have it listed as available to rent on the streaming services:(
My men are here

violet s said...

As much as I like Robin Williams, the French version is so much better (than The Birdcage)

marina said...

Love it! I grew up watching Ugo Tognazzi in movies and on TV.

violet s said...

That is so cool. I didn't actually recognize his name until I googled him. So many films!

viridian said...

My contribution is here:
https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2024/06/sunday-stamps-fatherly-figures.html

Lisa said...

I am not familiar with Ugo Tongnazzi at all! I'll be looking him up later.
Mine:

https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2024/06/sunday-stamps-june-16-2024.html

Mail Adventures said...

That's such a great film! But I wouldn't recognise the name, either. I'm very bad when it comes to remember artists' names.

My fathers are here.

FinnBadger said...

Great stamp, and perfect connection to the theme this week.

My stamp is here: https://envelope100.blogspot.com/2024/06/the-tempest.html