vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


30 June 2024

19 flags

 

across the bottom of the envelope are the 19 members (with the recent additions of Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic)

(this has turned out to be more in honour of the upcoming NATO Summit on July 9th than the upcoming July 1st and July 4th holidays)
 
ALSO, in the run up to the Olympics, I thought we'd tour the world of participating countries by hemisphere. Since nearly all countries are participating, this should give us all quite a variety of stamps.

7 comments:

In the Company of Me said...

The NATO flags FDC is a fantastic find - such a unique way to celebrate an alliance and its member countries. Flags are one of my favourite themes in philately, too, and I love seeing how different countries represent themselves visually. Thanks for sharing this piece of history!

In the Company of Me

In the Company of Me said...

The NATO flag first day cover is a fantastic find - such a unique way to celebrate an alliance and its member countries. Flags are one of my favorite themes in philately, too, and I love seeing how different countries represent themselves visually. Thanks for sharing this piece of history!

P.S. Please excuse if I left a comment twice - not sure if the first one got through.

In the Company of Me

Mail Adventures said...

A lot of flags here... ans still some more recent additions missing!

I found several flags for today's topic, see here.

viridian said...

Here is my contribution:
https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2024/06/sunday-stamps-flags.html

Joy said...

I like the thought of a hemisphere double theme. My flags are here

Lisa said...

That's a nice one!
Mine are here:

https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2024/06/sunday-stamps-june-30.html

marina said...

An attractive design.
I like the hemispheres theme (I like all the themes :-)