vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


11 April 2024

touring in colour

 

Glasgow Corporation Transport
yellow cabs of NYC

  a cream coloured tram in Germany
truly a reason to visit Wuppertal!  it began operation in 1901

and, not to ignore the buses...

this "fall fantasy" is one of four seasonally decorated trolley buses from Dayton, Ohio.  

below, with a ubiquitous Mountie and a few tulips, is one from Ottawa.


some ways to get around the city for Thursday Postcard Hunt

6 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I was about to post the very same postcard from Wuppertal! :)

That street view of NY is a very ordinary one, but I love it. It's just the idea of the city in my head (probably, from so many films sets on the city).

My postcard is here.

violet s said...

NYC does look like that, I walked around, on my first visit, in absolute awe that it was just like on tv!

Joy said...

I would love a ride on the Wuppertal monorail. You have found some colourful buses. I like when they paint special ones.
In contrast I am in black and white here

Lisa said...

The Glasgow streetcar was something! Now and again I see ex-city buses around with fabulous paint jobs, used as campers.

Mine: https://lisasgardenadventureinoregon.blogspot.com/2024/04/thursday-postcard-hunt-buses-trams-and.html

marina said...

What a great image on the Glasgow Corp Transport! I also like the Wuppertaler suspension railway. Great collection!

violet s said...

I much prefer the painted buses to the ones covered in advertising.