vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


19 November 2023

planes, trains, automobiles

 

I have shown this one before, but I like it so you're getting to see it again. It's a jet flying out of Ottawa airport in 1964.

France's high speed train, which is now 42 years whisking you through the countryside. 

 

 

and, finally, a Ferrari with Gilles Villeneuve (1950-1982)

 and, tangentially related...

A very funny man, who died far too young in 1994. Starred in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (with another great, funny man, Steve Martin) in 1987. In much less speedy circumstances, the two were trying to get home in time for Thanksgiving (happy turkey day to viridian. and Marina? not sure where you are)


4 comments:

viridian said...

Here is my contribution:
https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2023/11/sunday-stamps-planes.html

Joy said...

A amusing film I have seen more than once as it usually makes an appearance on TV at Christmas time here
My transport is here

Mail Adventures said...

I didn't remembered the first stamp, so thanks for posting it again. An striking illustration! These days, I surely prefer the train to the plane.

An old plane shown in my post, along with other stamps.

marina said...

k watched that movie so many times: so funny!! I love John Candy's stamp and all the others too.