vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


05 October 2023

autumn

There was a time when I would enthusiastically agree that autumn, or fall, was my favourite season. The relief from the heat of summer and the chance to wear sweaters again. The reintroduction of hot chocolate into my diet. And, of course, the fall colours - the anticipation of all those reds, oranges and yellows and wondering which one would predominate each year. Then walking though the fallen, crisp leaves as they pile up on the ground.

Now, my body generates enough heat from the inside out that I wear very few sweaters. And, mostly, I bemoan the ever diminishing daylight hours. 

But, yes, the colours! 

 
yellow seems to predominate most years 

it is also a time to get the hay in
and, the time for pumpkin (and pumpkin spice) everything.


for Thursday Postcard Hunt





I seem to be having trouble commenting, so please don't take it personally! I am visiting everyone, and if it doesn't get sorted, then that anonymous commenter will be me.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Love harvest time in the fields
I've had problem commenting for ages on some Blogger sites but (fingers crossed) I seem to have sorted it. Instead of using my Firefox search engine (which has pop ups blocked) I am using Bing which I generally just use for streaming, nothing blocked.
Someone said that the problem may be the embedded comment box and then some techie stuff that was beyond my understanding!
Autumn has arrived here

Marina said...

I completely agree with your comment on Autumn: I have not been wearing a sweater in a few years! 😜 But I love love the colors. [I, too have to open a different browser to be able to comment on blogger; cant do it from Safari. Im glad you offer the option to insert url in comments]

violet s said...

I keep playing around with the settings... Joy's reply about the embedded comments was interesting. And lo and behold, a pop up window and I'm able to share my thoughts on my own blog again!!

Mail Adventures said...

The colours of Autumn are the very best of the year!

I posted some trees here.