vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


07 May 2023

crossing the thames

 

In honour of the Coronation,  a bit of ancient and modern with

two very different bridges from London. On top, the modern and sleek Millennium Bridge (built 1996-2000) and below, the very old (c1176-1209)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

London Bridge with its hodge podge of buildings. I rather like its lack of symmetry of the approximately 138 premises.

wibbly-wobbly and higgledy-piggledy bridges for Sunday Stamps

3 comments:

Joy said...

Wow everything is crammed into a small space in that London view.
My bridges are here

viridian said...

I agree with Joy - lots in that second stamp. Here is my contribution:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2023/05/sunday-stamps-bridges.html

Mail Adventures said...

I couldn't add my link last Sunday, but it seems you found it anyway :)