vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


29 January 2023

sunday drive


There is so much I love about this - the focus on the grilles, the positioning of each car in an alternate direction, and the odometer cancel. And, of course, the cars themselves, from the 1950s/early 60s: a Triumph TR3; MG TD; Austin Healey; Jaguar; Morgan Plus Four (issued 1996)


 and then these interesting beauties issued in 1993

Henry Seth Taylor Steam Buggy (1867); Ford Model T (1914);  McLaughlin Buick (1928); Russell Touring Car (1908); Studebaker Starlight Coupe (1950); Gray Dort Luxury Sedan (1924)

from Germany, a more modern car: a lovely blue Porsche circa 1965
 

something to consider for your Sunday drive

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I guess I am staying at home today, but I like your stamps. Especially the design on the first FDC. Not the usual view!

I have posted some cars here.

violet s said...

I've always been partial to the Jags, though that Porsche would come close as a substitute. However, if I got in it, I'd have a really hard time getting out - it would not be elegant!

Joy said...

Yes I like those grill close ups too, a spin in any of those cars would be fun.
My autos are here

FinnBadger said...

Those postmarks are so perfect on the FDC. You've got some great stamps to share today.

viridian said...

Wow, some great stamp sets today! My contribution:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2023/01/sunday-stamps-automobiles.html