vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


24 April 2022

letters spelling words

 Brody Neuenschwander designed this Flemish and French "write each other" stamp in 2012

These older Europa stamps were the same for each country. Not nearly as inspiring as the themed ones of today, though I do like the way they incorporated the EUROPA into the design. It has a timeless quality.

 

 

However, this one from just a couple of years later, in 1971, is very much of its time. The geometric font spells out BC

some letters and words for Sunday Stamps

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Good advice on the first stamp, and a striking design on the third.

I thought of posting some old EUROPA stamps, too. Some people find those boring, but I love see the same design from different countries. I posted this one instead.

Joy said...

I like the old Europa stamps although I enjoy the variety in the more thematic approach today.
More words here

violet s said...

They were creative in their own way.

violet s said...

I have been trying to collect at least one from each year of the old ones, which saves a bit of money ;)

viridian said...

Here is my contribution, from the USPS:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2022/04/sunday-stamps-words-not-pictures.html