vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


03 April 2022

colourful joy

 


I have this sheet in a frame by my desk because it always makes me smile. I love the brightly coloured outfits the children are wearing. One of my pet peeves is seeing so many people dressed in black all winter long. It is such a depressing colour when there is so little bright light outside. These children were bucking that trend and making a fashion statement in 2008 with their whimsical hats and pastel coloured patterns. It is sad to think that when they grow up this eye-catching fashion will likely be abandoned for the not-to-be-noticed black.

for Sunday Stamps - fashion

7 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Well, you'll never see me wering black. My clothes look more like what those children were :)

More traditional clothing in this post.

Mail Adventures said...

*weary
*wear

Mail Adventures said...

OMG! *wearing, I meant!

violet s said...

I'm so glad. maybe it's more of a Canada/US thing?

Mail Adventures said...

Some years ago, in London, someone asked me and my husband where we were from. He told us he knew we weren't from London because we were dressed in colours :)
Here (in Spain) people wears a lot of black, too. But I guess it is not grey outside.

Joy said...

Yes the fun stamp sheet would cheer any day. I love colour so wear it, it gives me happy vibes.
Not all black here

viridian said...

Here is my contribution, in black:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2022/04/day-and-welcome-to-my-blog.html