vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


06 February 2022

snow and ice

From speed skating (dominated in 1964 by Russia and Norway) to slalom skiing (dominated by France and Austria)

 

to curling (dominated in 2014 by Canada, Great Britain, and Sweden)

It was challenging to find anything not related to the Olympics, but then I remembered the World's, which is dominated by Sweden, Canada, and Finland (though it was won by Russia that year)

I can safely say that I have never participated in any of these sports.

For Sunday Stamps - winter sports

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

All these sports seem too difficult to me (and we don't have a real winter here...).

I uploaded some stamps, see here.

Joy said...

I laughed at "I can safely say..." so true for me too.
My Winter Olympics are here

viridian said...

A stamp with curling! I love it!
Here is my contribution:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2022/02/sunday-stamps-winter-sports.html

M said...

Found a couple of stamps to show you here

FinnBadger said...

The Belarus stamp is lovely.