vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


23 August 2020

black and white


These stamps first made me think of the black & white theme, which might be stretching it a bit. Would still qualify as far as I'm concerned! However they undeniably qualify as big animals.
Here we have ursus americanus -  the black bear, the smallest of the North American bears. The one on the left is a subspecies known as a kermode bear which has a rare recessive gene that makes their fur cream or white coloured. Some of them have black fur, but these white variants are known as the Spirit Bear.

for Sunday Stamps - big animals

5 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

I must admit I thought the white one was a polar bear. Great stamps.

See my leopards here - https://bit.ly/3j3h1Gs

Mail Adventures said...

I can believe we have uploaded the same stamps today! :D

See my bears here.

Joy said...

Its bear central at Sunday Stamps today. Mine are here

viridian said...

I thought the white bear was a polar bear too. Here is my contribution:
http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2020/08/sunday-stamps-big-animals.html

FinnBadger said...

Those bear stamps are phenomenal. And of course I also have a bear :)

My big animals are here.