vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


24 May 2020

best foods


Developed by doctors at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children in 1931, Pablum was the first baby food that was already precooked and dried and ready to serve. It contains ground and precooked wheat, oatmeal, corn meal, bone meal, dried brewers yeast, and powdered alfalfa leaf, and fortified with iron.
This baby seems to like it.

photo of surprised baby by Ron Baxter Smith



From pablum, children may naturally progress to fries, or chips, as their next favourite food.
The McCain brothers started this company in New Brunswick where potatoes are the main crop. They are the world's largest producers of frozen potatoes.

photo by Rod Stears with Tourism and Parks New Brunswick




For Sunday Stamps - food

6 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I didn't know what Pablum is. That baby made me laugh!

You can see here my food stamps.

Bob Scotney said...

Interesting information. I only knew about McCain chips and John McCain.

My food is at https://bit.ly/2Xs6wDg

violet s said...

The McCain brothers have an interesting family dynamic. It's amazing the business is still going what with all their feuding!

Joy said...

Cute baby looks as though it could be holding some pablum in reserve. Didn't know the world conquering McCains were Canadian, certainly the right name for a feud.
My food is here

viridian said...

My entry is at http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2020/05/sunday-stamps-food.html

FinnBadger said...

I wasn't expecting to see food mashed on a baby's face today :)

My stamp for today: Food for Peace