vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


29 December 2019

P

I love these 'road trip Australia' series.
Here we have a sideways placed stamp for a platypus and a 'road trip' to see the penguins in Australia. For an extra P the penguins live on Phillip Island. The platypus lives in freshwater streams and rivers of eastern Australia from Queensland to Tasmania.
I never had the good fortune to see a platypus, but I have seen the penguins of Phillip Island, near Melbourne. There you can see the penguin parade as the precious little guys waddle back to land at sunset.

for the final Sunday Stamps of 2019.

5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Two amazing stamps, for sure.

See my choice here.

Ang again: thank you very much for keeping Sunday Stamps alive during 2019!

violet s said...

my pleasure!

Bob Scotney said...

I've only seen penguins in a zoo and remeber te smell well; much sweeter on a stamp.

Dogs and horses for me - http://bit.ly/2rBEERn

FinnBadger said...

Perfect post today. Like you, I've seen penguins in the wild (South Africa), but not a playtpus.

It's the new silk road for my entry today All aboard



Joy said...

I love the road trip series too, and of course Australia's wonderful wildlife.
I've gone for art and film here