vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


02 June 2019

Sunday Stamps - O



2007, Czech Republic
Nature Protection of the White Carpathian Mountains and Orchid Meadows
This is part of a souvenir sheet I received, but the rest of it was cut off by the sender.

Ophrys holosericea are pollinated by bees
Anacamptsis pyramidalis is a pyramid shaped orchid. as the stamp suggests, it is pollinated by butterflies and moths
Ophrys apisfera also known as the bee orchid. it is exclusively self pollinated

for the letter O - orchids

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Wow, these orchids are stunning!

My O link.

Bob Scotney said...

Magnificent stamps, the orchids are stunning.

My link http://bit.ly/2WiR2E3

Joy said...

Gorgeous. My O is here

Ana said...

lovely colours and details!

I also went with something from, almost the same country :P

Olympic Games