vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


26 May 2019

Sunday Stamps - N

2019, Canada, Sweets

A new series of stamps were issued last month featuring five different desserts unique to Canada. Immediately it was noted by pretty much everyone that this is NOT A NANAIMO BAR. The ratio of graham wafer coconut base to custard filling to chocolate topping is all wrong. The bottom layer should be 50% with the filling about 40% and the top the remaining 10%. And it should be more compact.  Apparently the image was made by a photorealist food painter in South Carolina.


for the letter N - Not a Nanaimo bar

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I have never tried a Nanaimo bar, but I would like to. Thanks for the explanation. I hope that the rest of the stamps of the set have no mistakes!

Here you can find my link.

Bob Scotney said...

Perhaps the painter had not seen an actual bar or had spent some time in a different type of bar!

My link 2W7bHL90

Bob Scotney said...

Sorry link at http://bit.ly/2W7bHL9

Joy said...

Wow that looks and sounds like a million calories. I like the stamp reminds me of an ice cream wafer maybe the designer got them mixed up:) My post is here