vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


16 September 2018

Sunday Stamps - 'E'

2011, Estonia, Folk Costumes
designer: Mari Kaarma

Over the past 20 years, the tiny country of Estonia puts out an excellent, and exhaustive, array of stamps for folk costumes of its various regions.  these are all done by Mari Kaarma, whose mother was a fashion designer and his father a furniture designer.

for the letter E - Estonia

(I am still away on holidays, so please excuse my absence to your posts until I return next week!)

6 comments:

Joy said...

It is a beautiful series of stamps.

Maria said...

I always love seeing traditional costumes on stamps.

Mail Adventures said...

That's nice. I'd love to see the whole collection!

FinnBadger said...

A very colorful stamp for today, thanks for sharing it.

Ana said...

I've seen some of these, really beautiful. I love the colours, and all the small details, yet these stamps don't feel as if they've been overdone.

Bob Scotney said...

I have never found any stamps from Estonia; beautiful cplours.