Crossing False Creek in Vancouver. Built around 1905, but demolished in 1921 after years of filling in the shallow creek for the railway.

Another bascule bridge, this one in Kingston, Ontario. The Lasalle Causeway was demolished in 2024 after being severely damaged during maintenance and rehabilitation work. It was in operation for more than a century with a temporary modular bridge in its place that opens for marine traffic.
So ends our theme of bridges for September. For October, there isn't really a monthly theme - I guess it'll be miscellaneous.

I love the first image... Love the trams too.
ReplyDeleteSorry but this time I have nothing to offer in return... no moveable bridges in my postcard collection....
I like the causeway, looks good on the aerial shot,, what a shame it was demolished.
ReplyDeleteMy bridges are here
Drawbridges make nice postcard images, however, when they connect two big cities (Portland OR to Vancouver WA) they are a big pain for traffic!
ReplyDeleteMine:
https://thisandthatablog.blogspot.com/2026/09/thursday-postcard-hunt-bridges-moveable.html
Great postcards and nice mementos since the beidges were both demolished...
ReplyDelete