vintage and contemporary postcards and stamps from around the world


27 August 2026

crossing the border

There used to be only two ways to get across the Detroit River between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan

A bridge 
               or a tunnel

for some reason, all the cards of this international border line in the tunnel (and I have several) show buses - or, as this card prefers 'busses'

*there is now a second bridge

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I think this car would fit in your postcards...

Joy said...

I can't help noticing there there are no road markings. Ah for the days of light traffic.
My cars are here

Lisa said...

The tunnel illustration looks a bit off, like the buses are trackless trains or something! I like it! I remember border crossing to Canada from my youth, so simple and quick.
My buses and cars:
https://thisandthatablog.blogspot.com/2026/08/thursday-postcard-hunt-travelling-buses.html

marina said...

How cool that you gave both postcards showing the only ways to get across...Great postcards!