The first air mail was delivered to Bermuda by a 2,472,000 cubic foot dirigible (.17¢). Built partially with German reparation funds from WWI. It went to Bermuda twice in 1925. Fifty years later, mail was being delivered by a 747, the first wide body jet (.25¢).

So this is the whole story or Bermuda air mail in four stamps! I like they included the shape of the island.
ReplyDeleteMy plane stamps also celebrate an anniversary. See here.
My contribution is here: https://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/2026/08/sunday-stamps-aircraft.html
ReplyDeleteI will visit your blogs as I can, but I can't always leave a comment.
Love a sea planes, or as they called them back then flying boats; I wonder if that was to assure passengers they were not going to sink:)
ReplyDeleteMy aerial transport is here
Mail delivered by dirigible! I never expected that. They are popular today, I have some too.
ReplyDeleteMine:
https://thisandthatablog.blogspot.com/2026/08/week-for-sunday-stamps-we-have-aviation.html
I love this set! My stamp is here; https://envelope100.blogspot.com/2026/08/sunday-stamps-airmail.html
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful and very colorful set!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful collection!
ReplyDelete